- Bring motor vehicles to full and complete stop (able to keep vehicles at slow speed around 250 feet after each stop)
- Maitain motor vehicles at low speed (20 -30 mph) along the whole road.
=>Provide good service for the neighborhood by making it safer for pedestrians.
“School zone ahead” sign is used to force motorists to slow down and be caution of a school's area ahead.
Yellow sign with two walking pedestrians and their book bags is located about 20 feet after the electronic speed limit sign (picture above) also used to force motorists to slow down and caution of students crossing the road.
Putting a pedestrian sign in the middle of the road also forces motorists to slow down and be caution of pedestrians crossing the road
Allowing parking along the road makes the one lane road become narrower. This is one way of making travelling vehicles to slow down or maintain their current low speed.
- Putting two speed humps between the three four-way intersections. This would make the road extremely effective because motorists most like not able to pick up a high speed after stopping at stop sign and approaching a speedhump about 250 - 300 feet ahead.
- Using more flashing red lights. This is to be conservative for motorists.
- Putting medium refuges at the wide four-way intersection (Dean Road vs. Druce Street, photo below). This makes it easier and safer for pedestrians to cross the road.